Sunday, August 21, 2005

A Midsummer Nights Asskicking

The 5k run was a success. Although, it did kick my ass. I believe that it kicked all of our asses. I am satisfied with how I performed. My goal was to run the thing in under thirty minutes. God decided to let me run it in 30 minutes and 2 seconds just to be a wise guy/girl. I am still happy with how I did. I never quit running/jogging/walking but with all the movements of running.

Here is a detailed descirption of the entire day.

I have decide to call us team bullshit. Here is a pre-race picture of team bullshit.



(Kyle, Brad, Chicken, Matt, Steve)

The key to successful race is to get lots of relaxation and energy. Thanks to the brilliant efforts of Steve our hotel was the starting line of the race. We did not have waste precious energy walking to the damn thing. We arrived in Lexington around 2 o'clock. We had a quick lunch and decided it was time to hit the pool. This was a vital part of Team Bullshits pre race relaxation. We stayed at the Radison which I highly reccomend, but their pool rules were a little specific.










After our time relaxing in the pool we returned to the room. Our time in the room was mainly spent sleeping and watching something on A and E about convicts. It is important to have the mind occupied with other things before a big race. Like convicts.

The race was scheduled to begin at 8:30. So naturally we started gearing up around 7:00. Team bullshit refuses to participate in any event without a live version of "eye of the tiger" played before such event. Steve was more than happy to accomodate.

Notice that he has his racing number on already. If you think I am kidding about this part you are sadly, sadly mistaken. Eye of the Tiger was ROCKED!!

The next step was energy. It was a gift from god that this booth was setup right at the starting line.

Seriously folks. Who the fuck sets up a funnel cake booth at a 5k run.

Anyway, I am getting a little carried away with the pictures here. Forgive me. The race started pretty promptly. After the first mile I was feeling pretty good. After the second mile I blacked out and for a second thought that I was a farmer back in the eighteen hundreds and I was running after a donkey that got spooked. I thought I was done for after the second mile. The side stitch was creeping up a little but nothing like it had in the past. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on this (Ben, Tara, etc...) I followed a little bit of it all and it worked! Mile three was all determination. It was hot as chili fire out there. Even thought I am proud of how I did, it would be worthwhile to note that at one point an old man pushing a baby ran past me. Overall it was a success! For anyone who doubted me, I took a little picture for you as well. Love you all like you were my children.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like that chicken is behind that barrier? although i have never seen orange chickenwire.

i hope he was a free-range chicken, b/c putting them in those pins is barberic and i can't say that i approve of you taking a picture with him.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me?