Sunday, July 17, 2005

In General

The comments about Bill Hicks that can be found in the previous post's comments are right on the money. I especially like the part about he being ahead of our time but not neccesarily ahead of his. Bill Hicks was most certain a comedic genius. It is amazing to me that not very many people know a lot about him. For those of you who do not know who he is, I will put one his jokes here so you will be more apt to check into his work.

After a show Bill decides to go to the Waffle House for breakfast. Since he is sitting alone, he decides to read a book while he waits. The waffle house waitress approches and says "what cha readin for". Bill thinks, What am I reading for? I've never been asked that! He then replies, "I guess I read for a lot of reasons, but the main one is so I don't become a fucking waffle waitress".

If you are offended by Bill Hicks that I say GOOD! I stand by my idea that no fucking body has earned the right to not be offended.

Last night I went and saw Wedding Crashers. One of the funniest movies I have ever seen. Almost all of the comedy was Vince Vaughn. The rest of the movie was just a stage on which he performed. I am going to have to see it again just to hear the parts I missed because of laughing so hard. Now would be a good time to introduce my movie rating system. Since there is nothing in life more pure than Grandma's, that is what I will use.

1 Grandma - Horrible
2 Grandmas - Bad
3 Grandmas - Didn't want to kill myself
4 Grandmas - Good
5 Grandmas - Classic in it's own genre
6 Grandmas - Classic. Boom!

Wedding Crashers gets a 5 Grandmas. Feel free to rate this movie in my comments but be sure to use the Grandma's system.

Lastly.....5k. Since nobody is reading this fucking thing anyway I will just handle this off the blog. I am going to run the Midsummer nights run in Lexington on the 20th. It is a night time run and it starts at 8:30pm. If anyone wants to run, let me know.

Peace and have a good week.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen that movie, but it sounds like I should. Instead I saw Batman Begins. I'm not a big fan of the batman series thus far. Actually, the first batman with Michael Keaton was really good. I like it a lot, but I don't care for the rest of them. This new batman with Christian Bale is pretty sweet though. I think he plays the best batman and Bruce Wayne yet. One of the things that makes the movie special is all the background information they give you about Bruce Wayne. I don't think he becomes batman until an hour after the movie starts. Another cool thing is how pretty much everything is believable in the movie. It's not comic-booky like the spiderman movies, although I like them for that. I give Batman Begins a solid 4.5 - 5 Grandmas and say "Batman Please Continue".

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you would fucking read the fucking comments section of the fucking 5k blog, you'd see that someone is actually fucking reading this shit. There are plenty of other fucking places to run than fucking Lexington. If all else fucking fails, READ THE FUCKING DIRECTIONS.....

3:05 PM  
Blogger Bleach said...

Thanks for the Rating of Batman begins and thanks for sticking to the grandma scale. Pretty soon I think I shall have a whole page where we rank movies.

That was a lot of cussing, whew boy.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I can't say I'm a big fan of all these cuss words, but I am a HUGE fan of the blogger of this blog, so I'll probably read it from time to time anyway.

I would like to give the movie "March of the Penguins" 5 grandmas. It has no cuss words, but some penguins are killed. It's no Oprah, but you might just cry a little.

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a pretty cool run actually. Even if it is in Lexington.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

applaud for bill hicks, her speaks the fuckin truth, and sometimes the fuckin truth is hard to fuckin swallow, now everybody take the 5 dried grams under your chair, and lets embark on a fantabulous journey. huzzah, huzzah

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the cussing, Tara- I love your taste in music- Segovia was and is the master; He turned me into a real Bach Head. I will try to curb the cussing, fraulein.

Ken ewe play eny Bela Fleck on 'at 'ere thang?

8:37 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Nah, ah reckon ah cain't. Ah was jist a'holdin' the banja fer the photergraph.

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(cue bagpipes)

If ya want mi bodee

EN ya think ahm sex-ee

Come on suger let mi know

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would give wedding crashers 5 grandmas as well.

as for the batman series, i couldn't agree with mike more about the first batman being the only good one. I haven't seen the most recent one, however.


as to the belivabilty and amount of campy, contrived tripe that is contained in the other batman movies, i have 4 words:
"ice to see you" ~ Mr Freeze

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me?