Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Dreamy Cigs

First things first:


Days without smoking = 15.5


Money Saved = $58.13


Tar coughed up = yuck


Me given out "I told ya so's" = >10


I did manage to get sick right after the new year. I have never really gotten over it. It comes and goes. I just keep telling myself that the sickness would be a lot worse if I smoked. Getting sick all the time was one of the main reasons I quit. It really sucks that I have been sick since the day I quit. I shall not smoke again.




My Dream:


Dreams have been fascinating me lately. I have been doing some experimentation with Lucid dreaming. This blog will not be about that though. Frankly, you couldn't handle it. So here's the dream.

Every person I run into keeps telling me that I need to rent a specific movie. I can't remember the name of the movie, but it wasn't anything I had heard of before. I finally give in and decide to rent the movie. I walk into the video store and go straight to the counter and ask for the movie. The employee looks at me and says "Are you serious?" I say yes. He then walks to the back. He comes back up to the counter with his hand behind his back. He quickly produces a squirt gun and shoots me dead in the face with water. Everyone in this little video store starts laughing. See, it is one big inside joke. Some people know about it and some don't. You ask for this movie title and you get shot in the face.

Now, normally I would think something like this would be awesome. But here is the thing, IT IS MY FUCKING DREAM!! How can there be anything going on that I don't already know about? I was tricked. There was an idea "out there" in the dreamworld that existed before I even found out about it. I didn't find out about it until I was squirted in the face. I have had several other situations that lead me down the same path.

Here are a couple explanations:

A) I just happened to get squirted with water and then created the idea of the practical joke.

B) Your outside world experience, which seems to have things outside of our complete knowledge and control, is actually being created by us just like our dreams are.

C) The dreamworld is not a place that is completely in your head. It is a seperate place that you go where things exist independantly of your thoughts.

D) Drugs are bad.

Either way. Dreams are one of the coolest things that happen to us. I cannot believe that there is not much more research on dreaming than there is. I went to the bookstore recently and every single dream book was about how if you dream about a butterfly you will shit yellow poop the next day. Hogwash. If some of you do not remember your dreams, let me know. I will give you some tips on it. I am now to the point where I can remember at least 1 dream every single night. I can also remember a lot more details about my dreams. I used to think that dreams were very vague. They are not. We just do not remember the details. Unless you practice.

Take care.


5 Comments:

Blogger fooiemcgoo said...

i vote for b.

more later. alex is hasseling me.

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dad quit cold turkey after 40 years. Don't give up.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should have taken the red pill.

i rarely remember my dreams, but when i do, it's pretty random.

freud was big into dream analysis, but that's all proven to be BUNK! it's just your subconsience having a heyday.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, i quit smoking 6+ years ago. it was the hardest thing i've ever done. it was my new year's resolution for 2001. i finally pulled it off in october 2001.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

When I was a little kid, I used to dream that I would stand up in the back of a red convertible and this guy with really long blond hair who I could never see his face would drive me all around downtown New Albany and there was no one there. I dreamed it multiple times. If anyone finds that in a dream book, please let me know. However, I think it was just evidence of a past life experience.

p.s.
Brad - You are just weird.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me?