Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I am scared as shit.

Hello all. I have just realized that I am able to blog blogs from work again! I was able to acess my blog due to a Proxy that Bean set up, but I was unable to execute anything. I could not watch videos, submit things, etc...

Is anyone even still coming to this site? If you are, thanks for the continued support. I have been taking classes on how to be funny so you are in for some real treats. So, on to why I am scared as shit...


The Cuban missle crisis was a direct threat to the United States. That is the only reason I say it was a scarier time than what we are going through right now. There are no real direct threats to us but the perfect storm is brewing. (If you have seen "Windy City Heat" please picture Perry stirring the pot). I only watch/listen to the news periodically, but the amount of different shit I have heard has me scared as shit. Hence the title - Scared as shit.

1) Oil producing countries such as Dubai have enough money to seriously fuck us up. Right now Dubai has $800 billion in cash to invest however it chooses. One thing it could do is buy up a lot of US treasury notes and then sell them all in one day. The FED would then be forced to raise Interest rates to prevent the collapse of the dollar. We already know that the FED is lowering the interest rates as I am typing this. Would Dubai ever do this? No. They are to interdependant on the US to do this. They want our economy to do well. If they could effect us in such a huge way, imagine the little effects they could have with this money.

2) China + Russia + Iran = A three headed shit scary monster.

China has enough people that if they decided to eat all the Americans they could only survive for 35 minutes. Artificially keeping their currency low. From what I gather this makes Chinese goods cheaper to import. American goods more expensive to export. Guess what this does to our jobs? Since toy companies only look at the bottom line all of the jobs go to the communists. Maybe once the lead paint lawsuits start hitting the companies will reconsider how moving jobs to China will effect their bottom line. Either way China is becomming a big scary super power who is only kind of an ally and may eat us all. Scary shit.

Russia - Putin has basically announced the following - "I will rule Russia for the rest of my life and fuck America." "I will sell stuff to iran that allows them to further their Nuclear weapons program." (make no mistake, as much as Bush sucks...Iran is after weapons).

Iran - Do I even need to say anything about this? Scary shit.

Venezuala - Scary shit. Although there is a strong grass roots movement going on by students to keep Hugo Chavez from being in power forever.

Everyone hates us. We are going to run out of our own oil. The countries we have to buy oil from want to suicide bomb us. Our dollar is the lowest it has ever been (I made that stat up). Our president is a dingbat. The White House press secretary doesnt even know what the Cuban missle crisis was!!! Google that shit. I am not too impressed with any of the canidates. Putin is starting the cold war. Chavez is going to cut us off from oil. Dubai is rich. Doom and Gloom I know but there is some really really scary shit going on.

I'll just keep playing my video games.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true, our foreign policy is totally suxors. Which why we need to elect Ron Paul!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com

11:36 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

I still check this blog all the time. Glad you are back. I am scared too.

8:36 PM  
Blogger fooiemcgoo said...

ring the alarm!

i too, am glad. (shawn connery voice): "I thought I'd lost ya, boy."

man, that was geeky. I would erase it but I am too committed of a person for that.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I will out-geek you and say "I heart Sean Connery"

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey brad i dare them to come to my town chi town you know the windy city, when theres trouble brewing theres only 1 man to call and that man is Stone Fury.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Be aware and keep up, but don't worry so much about it. Although it may not seem like it, there has always been things to be scared of ... it's just now everyone is so much more informed. When I was young, people built bomb shelters to live in and we all waited for the bombs to land on our heads. What really worried me was that we didn't have one. Our neighbors did, but I just knew they would never let us in. I was always scared to death back then. Try to watch the news with an open mind and try not to let it freak you out or you'll be freaked all the time. Just get your six-pack, bottled water, candle, plastic, duct tape, tp and short wave radio ready and then go on and don't worry about it. Have your bomb shelter ready and hopefully no one will ever have to use it.

2:27 PM  
Blogger K. said...

The Chinese shouldn't be eating us, if they know what's good for them. Americans are high in saturated fat.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me?