Thursday, November 10, 2005

Duck Duck Shoes

First let me apologize for the long delay. Mentally, I feel as if I have been wallowing in my own piss, shit and feeces. On a positive note, My cousin Tara is having a baby and I think this is great news. Congratulations Tara. I feel that this news about the baby and my comment about piss, shit and feces brings this paragraph right back to neutral. So lets begin.

Duck Duck Shoes...

I was at my cousins about three or four weeks ago, beanblog is who I soeak of. We were standing out on the deck and it was just now beggining to feel like fall. The weather was getting a little colder and the leaves were changing. We started talking about the feeling of nostalgia that always seems to strike us this time a year. He made the comment that it might be because of the harvest home comming. For those not familiar with the Harvest home comming your missing a whole heapshitload of good times. This is similar to any state fair, except it goes on in the town of New Albany, IN. This means that it is about 1/100th the size of any state fair. We didn't talk about this very much, but I knew the exact feeling he was talking about. I thought that this sounded like as good an idea as any.

About a week later I was talking to my friend Matt about this and he brought it up. He said that he felt as if he had butterflies in his stomach all day because of the season change. After talking about it a little more, I concluded that we were all having the same feeling. This immediately disproved my cousins justification because Matt has no connection with the harvest homecomming. Matt said that his roomat had the same feeling and contributed it to the Holidays. Lotsa memories from this time of year and whatnot. I am still not convinced, so I was wondering. Do any of you feel this way, and if so what do you believe causes it.

When i decided to write a blog about this I called him and he said "Duck, Duck, Shoes." I said "Duck, Duck shoes, what are you talking about you silly motherfucker.

The end.

6 Comments:

Blogger fooiemcgoo said...

i found that murder weapon that the police couldn't find all that time.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Bleach said...

Good call on the jacket. Do I know you? I must.

I just read my own entry and have to think my mom and dad are embarrassed every time they read this. Mom and dad feel free to comment on this blog entry only.

2:14 PM  
Blogger tschy said...

I don't feel what you describe you silly motherfucker.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand what you are tarking aboot.

But I do love the fall because the weather is cooler and it is mo betz nicer oteside.

Plus it turns into rabbit season, which is nice.

And it means that Strawbenfest is right around teh corner, which gets me STOKED!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I know what you mean, but I can't explain it either. It happens to me every October, even though in Texas it is still sometimes 90 degrees. I think about the H.H. every year and wish I could visit NA at that time of year. Maybe next year.

I didn't know that Tony used language like that!

Thanks for the nice words about the baby.

8:38 AM  
Blogger tschy said...

I don't normally use that type of language...I was just playing off is graphic commentary. Though I prlbably do curse a little more than I should :(

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me?