Thursday, August 25, 2005

War monger Tree head.

War monger.

I am an IV pharmacy technician. We use a lot of drugs. We have a room that is about 10 x 15 that is full of drugs. Not only do we have a lot of drugs but we go through a ton of drugs. I would be willing to bet that there is not an IV pharmacy in the midwest (maybe even the country) that goes through as many drugs as we do. What is amazing about this situation is we have one person that is responsible for keeping all of these drugs in stock. He will remain nameless. His name is either Ed, Gobbler, or Columbus...you pick which name you like and continue with the story. The funny thing about Gobbler is that he thinks we are in the middle of a war. I am serious. I asked him how he was the other day and he said he feels like the Russians being pinned down by the Germans. His supplies have been cutoff and we are making outrageous demands of him. To top it off, he hides drugs all over the place. Like he is storing ammunition. I will tell him that we are out of something and he will hit a button that opens up a secret closet in which there is a shovel that he uses to dig a hole where there is the drug I need. I am pretty sure that he has secret tunnels all over this damn building. Stef, please back me up on this so people know I am not making any of this up.

Tree Head.

We have a pharmacist that works here named D******. We will call him Drake. Drake was a full time pharmacist up until about a year ago. Drake decided one day to cut down a tree and instead of the tree falling the opposite direction it fell into his face. This was a very serious matter around the office, Drake almost died. We all prayed hard. Drake has recently come back to the office and now works only three days a week. To give you an idea of his progress, he checks all of our orders. This is a pretty serious task since we could seriously kill someone if we make the order wrong. Drake however cannot, oh, let me see, DRIVE A CAR! Anyway, back to the point. Every since this has happened to Darrell he has become really similar to me. He walks around saying goofy shit all the time and takes almost nothing seriously. Before the accident he was nothing like me. Always moping around and never laughing. Now that a tree landed on his face we are two of a kind. I wonder if I got hit in the head really hard when I was a kid. If you have any information, let me know.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm confused, is the dude's name darrell or drake? or drake darrel?

or darrel drake?

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i still don't know what you haven't regaled us with the stories of your crazy neighbors. i really want to hear about earmuffs. b/c i think i saw him one day.

8:42 AM  
Blogger tschy said...

maybe it happened when you busted your feet tring to climb onto the girls floor during your 8th grade school trip....

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to tell you about this. You and I are long, lost brothers. I won't go into the details, but it has to do with a fifth of gin, a slot machine, a monkey and a Russian KGB agent.

Your brother,
Drake Darrel

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so late that maybe no one will see this, but yes, that guy is NUTZ!!
There are so many stories I could tell, but I don't have the time. I will tell you this: he has his own language. It's on display on a tabletop in said drug room--that guys' fuckin weird!

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me?