Friday, August 25, 2006

Weird...

I have recently got in trouble for surfing the World wide wizeb at work. So I am typing this entire thing without looking at the actual screen. I have it shrunk down really small so nobody can see it. It must look like I am simply practicing my typing to become a super employee!!

The reason for this post is this:

When i was a kid, something really strange would always happen to me. Most of the time it would happen as I was watching TV, but it sometimes happened when I was doing other things. I would be sitting on the couch and all of the sudden it would seem like the TV was real far away from me. There was a distinct feeling that came with this. It was almost as if everything was going in slow motion. I would start to say things out loud and they would sound really strange. It was like I was really far away from everything physical. This is kind of a hard thing to explain, I was just wondering if anyone has ever experienced anything similar to this. I apologize for any grammar mistakes in this but I can't see what the fuck I am typing! I will blog another blog soon.

Man, this was a good typing [practice session! My fingers feel so fluid and I am stroking keys with intensity!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

stroke those keys you magnificent bastard, when you get this feeling its hard to explain but does your hearing do this wierd like hollow sound?

3:21 PM  
Blogger goostermon said...

I used to get that feeling, but it hasn't happened in quite a while. Everything looks kind of like you are looking through the wrong end of binoculars. Very strange.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Bleach said...

I don't really remember the hearing thing.

The wrong end of binoculars thing explains it perfectly. That is weird pop...Wonder if it is hereditary.

8:48 AM  
Blogger K. said...

I used to have a recurring nightmare just like this when I was a kid. The sensation that sounds and physical dimensions were all out of proportion; like looking backwards through binoculars. I'd wake up spooked but wouldn't be able to explain it to my parents, which just reinforced their opinion that I was a weird kid.

Let me know if you have any theories on what this phenomenon is, that don't involve aliens or time travel.

-K.

9:09 AM  
Blogger fooiemcgoo said...

sounds pretty weird. is this also known as "tunnel vision"? I think that I had this once when I had a panic attack when i was < 10. I used to have alot of those back then because I had scary nightmares that scared me so much that I flipped out and had panic attacks. this kinda sounds like what k. said.

did adrenline rushes accompany it? mine did.

I went to wake my parents up and tell them about them but they didn't care and always made me go back to my room.

9:14 AM  
Blogger fooiemcgoo said...

i think it was more like 2nd grade. whatever age that is. 6, 7?

9:15 AM  
Blogger Bleach said...

I have had panic attacks before and this is something different for me. I am always completely at ease, but It is still a really strange feeling. I am going to talk to my pop about this today to see if we have sort of the same thing going on. I will also try and look it up. I will keep you all updated.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to have this all the time, until I stopped sniffing glue and smoking horse tranquilzers at the same tim.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Melissa Jo said...

uh, it sounds like TIAs (transient ischemic attacks)---kind of like little strokes with no permanent damage and can be commonly undiagnosed...i mean, i'm sure it's not that but that's exactly what it sounds like! weird...do you still have these? we just learned about these not too long ago and that's exactly how my teacher explained them!

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny...you aren't weird, sniffing glue, or having t.i.a.s this used to happen to me lots as a kid too and still does occasionally, and tonight at dinner my 5 year old said she has the same thing! i'm also a medical doctor, and have never gotten a good medical answer about this. i also suffer from the occasional migraine headache, and my best hypothesis is that this is a migraine component, such as the aura that can occur before having a migraine. hope this helps. -l.b.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me?