Monday, March 09, 2009

When am I getting a divorce?

I was watching and Interview with Marissa Mayer who is Vice President of Search Products and User Experience with Google. She was asked a question by Mr. Charlie Rose about the ownership of information. You all may remember the recent uproar regarding Facebooks declaration that they own all your stuff. This is when Ms. Mayer said something that astounded me; Some specific credit card company knows with 80% accuracy who is going to get a divorce 2 years before the cardholders themselves. I am pretty sure it was 80%. I know it was higher than 70%. Ms. Mayer explained that the whether a person is to stay married greatly affects their ability to pay off debt and therefore affects their credit rating. I wonder who they could sell this information to. Divorce attorneys/ Counseling Services. I can see it now. You get a free pen in the mail from Dr. Staytogether's counseling service offering help for your pending divorce that you do not know about yet but with 80% accuracy will happen in 1.5 years. Amazing.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She was refering to a book called Super Crunchers about data mining (even if she did not know it).

4:29 PM  
Blogger fooiemcgoo said...

nice blog dude.

Dr. Staytogethers... haha.

the million dollar question is whether debt causes divorce or divorce causes debt!

Reading Super Crunchers, along with the Wisdom of Crowds was one of the ways to be a cool kid at work. sigh.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I have never heard of Super Crunchers or Wisdom of Crowds, and I don't go to work, but I guarantee I have the coolest bike on my block.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Bleach said...

I wonder if the debt itself is even the decider (like George W). Or if the decider is what the money is being spent on. I.E. Online Gambling, Trinidad phone sex lines...etc..

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do i have to get a divorce now? because i kinda love my wife.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me?